"Spread the Gospel always and if necessary, use words." 
  -St. Francis

Monday, January 10, 2011

Just call me Betty Crocker...


Because I bring you not one but TWO recipes today!! I know, I know. I need to be honest and tell you that these are actually not my recipes. Basically, all my co-workers are Betty Crockers, so I get to reap the benefits.

The first recipe is "White Trash." I love the name. I made this to take home for the holidays, and it was a big hit. Great to snack on!

White Trash

1 package of white chocolate almond bark (I kinda guesstimated this, so use as much as you like)
1 bag of Traditional Chex Mix (take out the melba toast)
1 bag of peanut M&Ms
1 bag of plain M&Ms
1 small can of regular peanuts

Mix all ingredients except the almond bark in a large pot.
I even have a visual:
Next, melt almond bark in the microwave. I always thought you had to use a double broiler, but I stand corrected!
Pour over mixture and mix together. I used a wooden spoon and then poured on the wax paper to cool, like so....
Once the white chocolate hardens, you can gently break it up. I even thought about giving this in a cute tin as Christmas gifts to our friends. Super, super easy!! Is anyone noticing a pattern here?? I do not make anything that IS NOT super easy :).

Next, we have "White Chili." This is even easier than the white trash and YUMMY! I like this SO much better than taco soup that I usually make in the winter.

White Chili

1 can of white corn
1 can of cream of mushroom
2 cans of white beans
2 breasts of chicken- or if you are lazy like me, you can get a rotisserie chicken. Just as good!
1 can of chicken broth
1 package of taco seasoning
1 can of rotel
1 can chopped green chilis (I added this, but the recipe does not call for it)

If you use the chicken breasts, you mix all ingredients into the Crock Pot and cook on low for 3-4 hours. I think its low, I probably need to check. Oops! But, if you want to do it the "Mary Kate" way, tear chicken from rotisserie chicken, drain corn, beans, rotel, and green chilis, and pour all ingredients into pot on stove. Heat for about 30 min and yummy goodness! Sprinkle cheese, sour cream, and Fritos to make even better. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment