My name is Baby Whelan, but you can call me Baby W, or "Baby Dub." My mom is letting me post on the blog a few times before I make my big debut. She started a journal, but is really bad at keeping up with it, so this way she hopes she can remember this pregnancy.
So far, I have been a pretty good baby (in utero, of course). I have only made my Mom sick twice, and she always says how thankful she is for that! But, I have made her VERY, VERY tired. You may hear her complain once or twice, but I always remind her that I am SO worth it. My last ultrasound I was really showing out and moving all over the place. My mom was so proud, and Dad was upset he missed it. Speaking of Dad; he cracks me up. He talks to me ALL the time, and I can tell sometime Mom gets annoyed. He says he is worried "I won't recognize his voice," or something, when I come. I am like, "You are my Dad, crazy!" Oh well, he continues the talking. He has even read stories to me. Mom says she used to make fun of people who do this, but you know that saying, "until you have walked in someone else's shoes...." Yeah, yeah, yeah- something like that.
In about a month, Mom and Dad could find out if I am a boy or a girl. BUT, they have decided to let my sex be a surprise. This has resulted in people looking at Mom and Dad like they have three heads, but Mom and Dad always say that this is their decision. Doesn't stop the comments, though!
My Mom and Dad can be sort of gooby always saying how blessed they are with me on the way. I am like, "Duh, I am pretty darn cute." Besides, they were SUPER obsessed with my ultrasound pictures looking at my feet and stuff. Can you imagine how gooby they will be when I am born?? I am sure I will be okay with it though, because they will spoil me rotten. My dad is terrified I am a girl, ONLY because he knows he will spoil me like he spoils my mom. I think Mom is worried what will happen when she is not the "Queen B," like my dad calls her, anymore. I guess she will still be pretty much obsessed with me.
Well Folks, I need to get back to kicking and playing. Mom is DYING to feel me move, but I just tell her to be patient. Maybe soon.
Right now, she and my dad are saying they are going to try and get down the hill in the snow to go to the grocery. Mom is craving some 7-layer dip or something?? (don't worry Honey and Pop, she has eaten lots of apples and oranges, too). She is eating like ALL the time. Fine by me, though, because I take it all in about 2.2 seconds, and then she is hungry again.
I will be back soon.
Love,
Baby W
This is great, Mary Kate! Hilarious and so sweet!
ReplyDelete