(Think I could use some sun???)
Cravings: pretty much anything bad for me I crave- cheeseburgers, cheese sticks, pizza.... But, let's be honest, I "craved" these things way before I was pregnant :). I am also loving anything with lemon: lemon tea, lemon with water, frozen lemonade. Lastly, I am loving peanut butter- especially on bananas and apples. And I wonder why people are saying my face is filling out?? It's not rocket science, Mary Kate...
Pet Peeve: I am getting slightly annoyed when people say, "You better sleep now because when that baby comes you won't be getting any sleep." Ok people, we are not naive enough to think that our lives will not change with a baby. HOWEVER, I don't think that we will NEVER get a full night's sleep for the rest of our lives! I think people just like to petrify you about parenthood. Our lives are definitely about to change; but we are thinking it will be for the better! We will let you know in about 6 months.
Feelings about the sex: I am 100% sure this baby is a girl. I just wanted to get that out in the open, so when the baby comes, this is proof that I "knew." I have had 2 vivid dreams about our sweet baby girl. I just picture a girl; I don't know, it's weird! Everyone else thinks it is a boy, though. I would be thrilled with a boy, too!
Weight gain: you wish :). I read in one of my funny pregnancy books that when your spouse/friends tell you that you "have only gained weight in your belly," THEY ARE LYING!! I thought that was hilarious. So, basically I don't believe what anyone tells me!
That's all I have for now. We are just so happy that I am in the 2nd trimester now. The 1st felt like 3 years. Now, I feel like we are rolling along! Josh is just happy that I am doing the dishes again! Like I said earlier, he was super husband and did EVERYTHING for me for a while. It made me so thankful for him!
Hope y'all have a good week. I have a case of the Sunday blues :(. I will be back in a few days with a good recipe.
You are too cute! Yes, you will sleep at some point. People are crazy and they'll do anything to scare you! The second tri is my fave: you have your energy back, you're not sick, you feel kind of normal but you don't feel like a whale yet and you aren't constantly loosing your balance!
ReplyDeleteLook at your cute little belly Mare! ... ok... about the lemon cravings... that is ALL MY MOM CRAVED WITH LITTLE ROBERT!!!.... oh no!!! You are having a ROBERT!!!!!! ;)
ReplyDeleteI agree---you WILL SLEEP. Don't stress. The first few weeks are like bootcamp. You get through it and you will be okay. If you're comfortable with it, get a sleep gameplan together and implement it after the baby has gained all of his/HER (since I think it's a girl too) weight back. We started routines with Evy around 5 weeks and she thrived with it. She loved routine! Any questions just ask. :)
ReplyDeleteYou look beautiful and I'm NOT just saying that!
Hey MK! I agree with you on the cravings, and the things people say to pregnant woman can get annoying! I'm 21 weeks along, and we are having a girl! I hope everything goes well with the rest of your pregnancy!
ReplyDeleteY'all are sweet! Thanks for the advice. Josh and I have heard from EVERYONE to get the baby on a schedule ASAP, so I think we will be pretty adamant about trying our hardest!
ReplyDeleteSheley- I will laugh so hard if we have a little Robert! That is hilarious :).