January is my least favorite month for obvious reasons. Does anyone out there LIKE January??? If you do, I need to take some notes from your playbook! Please share! Anyway, this January I am trying to "look on the bright side of things." One of my biggest faults is negativity. I am conscious of it and working on it, though :). BUT, as I have been trying out my new approach on life, I have learned that- attitude really is EVERYTHING!
My husband is so supportive and has been telling me this for years; I am just now catching on. One of the things I am most commonly negative about is being a working mom. Do I wish I could stay at home every single day with my child? Of course! Is that realistic right now for the lifestyle we want? No. Would I cherish every moment I had with Jack when I get home if I was with him every.single.minute.? Probably not. On the positive side, I wake up at the crack of dawn (we have another word for it in our house, but I will refrain), so I can be home at 12:30 to my punkin. There is nothing in the world like pulling in my driveway everyday to go see my baby! Especially when he smiles and kicks those feet like, "My Mama is home!" I am so grateful that I have ALL afternoon to spend with Jack! Another positive is that I love my job. I do not dread going to work every day. I dread getting out of bed and getting dressed, but the minute I walk in the VA, (at 6:15), I am greeted by "Morning, Mary Kate!" "How is the weather out there?" "How is that sweet boy?" And, I am reminded that I have a great job.
This past Friday night, we went to dinner just the three of us. We had to get dinner to go, because mother of the year forgot the bottle, but that is a WHOLE other story. But, as I was sitting at dinner with my sweet family, I was thinking how grateful I was for a weekend with my two boys without any plans! This is so rare, and something I really look forward to. We love football season in Oxford, but it is NONSTOP. So, these winter months really are a nice time to catch your breath before baseball season!
So, I am working on my positivity! So far, it has really made a difference. It is amazing how much your attitude changes things. As for the patience.... It is hard!! Josh keeps "gently" reminding me of my New Year's resolution. The year we started house hunting might not have been the best time to work on my patience. But, hey, that is the point, isn't it?
One more thing. I have a "Mommy question." How random am I? Jack is 6 months old, and we have been using the sleep sack for a while now. How long did y'all keep your babies in those or should I just put him in warm pjs for bed? I feel like now that he is moving so much, he may not like that sleep sack as much. Thoughts?? And, thank you!
Happy HUMP DAY!! Two more days until the weekend:):):):).
Hey January isnt the worst month ever.... i mean i did grace the earth with my presence in January! Love your sweet little boy and love the updating!
ReplyDelete