"Spread the Gospel always and if necessary, use words." 
  -St. Francis

Saturday, January 14, 2012

I am 6 (and 1/2) months old!

Hello readers! Is anyone out there?? I am 6 1/2 months old, and Mama's behind! Lately, I have been really wanting to crawl. I put my legs up under me and try soo hard to move, but I am just not there yet. I still look exactly like my Dad, and he LOVES it!! Calls me "mini me;" I know, gag, right?! And, of course, I am spoiled as ever. Luckily, I have a new cousin on the way, so I will not be the center of attention anymore! I can't wait to meet him or her :). He/she may actually be born on my first birthday!! Let's see... what else am I doing? I have been making all sorts of new noises and trying out my voice. I actually just started babbling! This makes my speech therapist, dorky mother very happy. She got some old textbooks out to make sure she was doing everything she was supposed to for "language acquisition." GEEK ALERT! My newest favorite toy is the remote. Big surprise there; I am a man, people. I get really excited when I see it and kick my feet real hard. Mama and Daddy tried it as a prop for crawling. I was really kicking my legs and moving my arms; close, but no dice! All of my Mama's friends tell her I will be wishing she had never said she wanted me to crawl, BUT she is ready. Mainly because my Honey told her those were the "skinniest days of her life." Can't wait :):):).
As for sitting up.... I can do it with a little support, and can even do it for a split second before I tumble over. The truth is folks that I am a BIG BOY, and it is hard to hold all this weight up. It is a lot easier for all you skinny babies, but this boy hasn't missed a meal! Mama is hoping I will be sitting up soon. Selfishly, she cannot carry me in my carrier anymore without back pain. Also, giving me a bath is a huge chore, and going to the grocery would be a whole lot easier if I could sit in the front part. Maybe soon!
This week I am going for my 6 month checkup. Mama is already getting anxious about those S-H-O-T-S. It doesn't get any better. She has cried every time. What a wimp. I mean, I cry too, but I get over it way faster than she does.
That is all I can think of right now.... Pretty sure my Mama and Daddy love me more than ever!! They are definitely the obnoxious parents.
Here are some pics:
6 months and chubby as ever! Mama loves it!!
Yep, got them wrapped around my little finger!
"I'm gonna get it...""Almost there!""Gotcha!" (Uncle Kirk says my new pacis look like Hannibal Lecter, but I like them!)

No comments:

Post a Comment