"Spread the Gospel always and if necessary, use words." 
  -St. Francis

Monday, May 3, 2010

Good Morning!

   I am officially FINISHED with grad school, so this week we just have a few meetings for graduation, getting license, etc. SO, I have some extra time on my hands and instead of doing thank you notes I thought I would leave you with a recipe.

  Here is a yummy dinner that is really easy (and healthy) to cook:

   Main Course- Salmon
  -Ingredients:
  1.) Farm-Raised Atlantic Salmon fillets
  2.) soy sauce 
  3.) lemon juice
  4.) olive oil 
  -Marinate salmon about 30 min. before cooking (can also use garlic salt)
  -We have a grill pan we use on the stove to cook the salmon.  This is our favorite and just cook the salmon about 3 min. on each side.  You could also cook on the grill if you prefer!

   Sides- Risotto and Asparagus
  -Risotto- soooooo good!! 
  -Tip: you buy the Risotto in the pasta section even though it looks like rice
  -Ingredients:
   1.) 1 cup of risotto, obvi
   2.) 2 TBSP olive oil
   3.) 2 TBSP butter
   4.) 1/2 cup chopped onion
   5.) 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
   6.) 3 cups of chicken broth

   Saute onion and red pepper in oil and butter for about 3 minutes.  Add rice, stirring for about 2 minutes.  Stir in 1 cup broth and stir until liquid is absorbed.  Add remaining 1 cup at a time and stir constantly.  Takes about 20-25 minutes to cook.

    Asparagus
   -We cook asparagus in the skillet with water, and when they are finished cooking marinate with olive oil and salt and pepper- VERY COMPLICATED!

   Really good with white wine, too! Hope you enjoy!! 

   Disclaimer- I would like to credit my mom, Kandy Sims for this recipe, (and probably most of the recipes I will post on this blog)!

1 comment:

  1. What happened to my friend Mare? I'm so impressed three weeks of being a wife and your already posting recipes.

    ReplyDelete