"Spread the Gospel always and if necessary, use words." 
  -St. Francis

Monday, May 7, 2012

Cooties

Well, we made it ten months in and finally caught the cooties. 

  Thursday afternoon I came home from work and Jack's sweet sitter, Betty Ann, said he had fever.  I gave him tylenol and took his temp about 2 hours later and he was up to 101 and burning up.  BUT, he was still taking his bottles and eating like normal, AND happy and laughing.  Strangest thing. 

  Thursday night he slept through the night like normal and woke up happy.  We ran some errands Friday and did the big Kroger weekly trip.  If any Oxford friends are reading: I am sorry!! I did not know he had this nasty thing! We even took him to the baseball game Friday night to see one of my sweet veterans throw the first pitch.  Which, by the way, I recorded and cried like a proud mother of an 89 year old...

 Anyway, as we were leaving the baseball game I noticed Jack had some red bumps around his mouth and on the palms of his hands.  I pointed it out to Josh and typical man response, he said, "He's just hot, Mary Kate."  One of my good friend's babies had just had a TERRIBLE case of hand, foot, and mouth and had to be admitted to Le Bonheur, so I was very familiar with this virus.  We got home and started to notice them on his feet as well.  Our conversation went like this:

 Me: I think he has hand, foot, and mouth
Josh: Quit overreacting.  He is fine. Look at him, he is smiling.
Me: He had 101 fever yesterday, Josh.  I'm calling Sheley.
Josh: Mary, quit trying to play doctor.
Me: Fine, I will call the nurse and ask her.
Josh: Whatever, if that will make you feel better.
Me: Our child had fever yesterday and has blisters on his HANDs, FEET, and MOUTH.

And, I proceeded to call the nurse and she proceeded to tell me it sounded like hand, foot, and mouth.  So, we had to take him to Urgent Care Saturday morning and wait 2 hours for the doctor (who we LOVE),  to tell us it is a virus and there is nothing you can do. Awesome. (And, then I may have proceeded to ask Josh for a formal apology of accusing me of "overreacting" when in fact, I was right.  Mama knows best!

So, here is the poor, little booger:  He is doing pretty well considering.  He has been a little fussy lately, but he also has 2 new teeth coming in, so I think that plays a role, too. 
My little monkey on Sunday morning.  

We are trying to get him well because we have a beach trip coming up! When we get home, I will have 3 1/2 weeks to pack before we MOVE IN!!! Whoa. We have lived in this house 2 years and have accumulated Lord knows what.  Should be interesting.  Stay tuned.... College friends- I bet I can dig up some blackmail ;).

Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment