"Spread the Gospel always and if necessary, use words." 
  -St. Francis

Monday, April 9, 2012

An eventful Easter weekend


We had a great Easter spent in Jackson with my family. But, it wouldn't be a road trip without a little drama. Sorry, Josh, I am afraid this is a Sims trait I brought into this marriage...

So, we started out our trip breaking down about 40 miles north of Jackson. Luckily, my sister was able to come to the rescue, AND I was able to shove yogurt melts in Jack's mouth to appease him until we could get a bottle.

**Warning- lots of pictures below

Here we are on the side of I-55:
See my fake smile?

On Friday night we celebrated my birthday with the fam. I got some great house stuff I am so excited about!

Claire volunteered to take this pic, so unfortunately she didn't make the sibling pic.
My yummy chocolate silk pie :)

Saturday morning we took Jack to an Easter egg hunt. He actually crawled and got some eggs! Went straight to the mouth, surprise, surprise.
"Mama wouldn't let me eat the grass!"
Maybe one of these days! I am definitely not rushing this!!
My happy boy :)
Yummy! Look at my top two teeth. You can drive a car through that gap in between them! Good thing Mama still adores me.

Finally, we made it to Easter morning, where we went to Northminster, the church I grew up in. It was a beautiful service, and Mom made a yummy lunch afterwards. Josh and I are thankful for our wonderful families and all they do for us.
Honey started off the day by giving me grits, eggs, and toast. I LOVED it. Then, she gave me a good sink bath.
Here is Jack with Dr. Poole before church. This picture is so special to me! This is the minister I grew up with, and he is very near to all of our hearts. He also married Josh and me! Doesn't it look like he is praying over Jack? I love it.
The fam
My little monkey
And last but not least.... A house pic!
It will look better when they paint the brick. Hope I like the colors we chose...

No comments:

Post a Comment