"Spread the Gospel always and if necessary, use words." 
  -St. Francis

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Josh getting older :)

On July 5th, my husband will turn the big 3-0. So, since we knew that we may be a tad bit distracted on this date, I wanted to celebrate a little early. I had to absolutely BEG Josh to even go out to eat with friends for his birthday! But, he finally agreed and we had a wonderful dinner celebrating at Lenora's last weekend. And, of course, I had a few funny tricks up my sleeve for the birthday boy ;).
I am going to go ahead and make this Josh's birthday post, since I am pretty positive I will have my hands full on the real date! If you get goobed out easily, you can stop reading after the pics. I am warning you!!
By the way- Just a sidenote: We will have a baby by this time next week!!!!!!!!! It is the most surreal feeling ever!! Yesterday, our doctor said we could induce next Friday (7/1/11), if I wanted. I have been thinking all along that my due date was July 7th, but apparently it moved up to July 2nd. So, she said inducing one day before is not a big deal at all. Induction is something I have been afraid of this whole pregnancy...... BUT, it gets to a point where you just can't take it any longer!! Especially since this baby has been LYING on my sciatic nerve for the past 3 days. Literally, I am walking with a limp because there is nothing to do about it. That poor baby has run out of room in there. So, needless to say, I think it is time. Please pray for us as Friday could be a long day, and specifically for a smooth delivery and MOST IMPORTANTLY: healthy baby!! That is the goal! I am so thankful for all you "prayer warriors" that have already been praying this whole pregnancy. I have the greatest friends! I just cannot explain this feeling of about to become parents to something we created. I truly can't imagine what it will be like the moment we see Jack or Mamie! Ok, back to Josh's birthday..... Am I all over the place or what???
**Be back tomorrow with "Our last weekend pre-baby via pics" (from my phone). Getting slightly sentimental over here.
He was sooo mad at me for embarrassing him with this cake!
HB to the Big Train!!!! Josh was nicknamed "The Big Train" in high school for his football skills. They said he just mowed through everyone! At our wedding, all the groomsmen had train whistles greeting us as we arrived at the reception. It was a memory I will never forget!
Big Girl or "Biggles" (as my brother so lovingly calls me :)) and Amanda
Andrew, Josh, and JK
Joshie over the years- see "The Big Train" in action directly above, hehe

Only because the 30th birthday is such a special one; I have 30 things I love about my sweet husband: (in no particular order, because I can't think clearly right now)
1.) He makes me laugh A LOT
2.) He brings me my ice water in bed every night (ok, fine, lately it has been with a fudge bar too....)
3.) He would rather me to be happy than anything else in the world
4.) He sacrifices many things for me
5.) He cleans up the kitchen after every meal- Please never lose this awesome quality, Josh!!!!
6.) He does his own laundry (ok, I am starting to sound like the worst wife in the world). We kind of have reversed roles on some things because Josh works from home. He helps a lot around the house when I am working. If ever I am at home, I will definitely take up my "wife/mother duties" GLADLY!
7.) He makes up the bed in the mornings 95% of the time (I would do this as well, because I can't stand a bed not made up, but he is still in it when I leave in the mornings....)
8.) He is a rabid Ole Miss fan (which it has been hard to be this past year, but we are still loyal to our school)!
9.) He is a very loyal friend
10.) He loves his family and mine too :)
11.) He is a great Christian leader for me and our family, but most of all a great Christian EXAMPLE. Actions speak so much louder than words!
12.) He supports me in all that I do
13.) He sends me flowers at work just for the heck of it
14.) He is a very hard worker and puts his all in everything he does
15.) He has waited on me hand and foot this entire pregnancy- this I will greatly miss!
16.) He puts up with my drama, and most of the time just laughs at it
17.) He can relate to many different types of people
18.) He loves to travel (hoping we will do a lot of this together one day)
19.) He is very smart- His brain is like a sponge- absorbs everything! This usually is a great thing, but does not always work in my favor when he remembers things I have bought, etc...
20.) He takes care of the finances- if he didn't, we would be bankrupt!!!!
21.) He loves sushi as much as me
22.) He used to hang out at my apt. with 12 other girls, go to Chi O formal (when he was 27), and other things that he probably could have done without- just to appease me
23.) He is romantic
24.) He is handsome
25.) He will be a great Dad; I can't wait to see him in action!
26.) He is very passionate about things (brings on some of our arguments :))
27.) He is VERY low maintenance. Let's just say we make a good match!
28.) He brings me lunch at work once a week
29.) He loves me with all his heart and has willingly accepted to spend the rest of his life with me!
30.) I can't imagine life with anyone else! Happy 30th Joshie!!! I love you more and more!

2 comments:

  1. Alright I don't know what it is with these recent posts but they have made me tear up everytime I read them!!! SO sweet... HAPPY EARLY B-DAY JOSHIE!!! Soon to be the best Dad!! Love you both... great post sister. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm a little behind in reading this but just have to say this is such a sweet post!
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete