I know! And, I don't have any pictures to go along with this post, BUT I do have them coming soon. I have gotten out the big camera not 1, not 2, but 3 times in the past week! Don't hold your breath (Mom and Claire) as to when I will post them.... I will give you a few updates numerically, otherwise you won't be able to keep up because I am all over the place.
1.) I will be 25 weeks pregnant tomorrow (just a little over 6 months). So far, so good. My doctor wants to check my fluid levels to make sure they are okay, but Josh has assured me it is just a precaution- hope so :). Weight gain- (yeah right). Josh did tell me the other day, "You looked exactly liked this with Jack and just got real big at the end." Thanks?? Which I did, by the way. He was 8 lbs but I definitely gained 40 lbs with him. Please let's not do that again, MK! I can't blame anyone but myself if I do, though. I am eating for about 4. Cannot get enough to eat. Josh thinks its hilarious. I think its scary. We are hoping to move Jack into a big boy bed, new room, and finish out our bonus room by July. It makes my head spin to think about, which is why we haven't done a thing for this poor second child. Well, that's not the only reason ;). Hope to have pics soon of the new rooms, when we ever get around to it! But, we are thankful for this little blessing and can't wait to know girl or boy!
2.) Jack man is good. He makes us laugh daily. You know how I wanted him to talk more? Be careful what you wish for. He is definitely "talking." Portuguese to be exact. We understand maybe 10-15% of what he says and the rest is full on sentences in a different language. It is hilarious to everyone but me (speech therapist). Oh well, it will come, and if it doesn't, I know a few speech therapists in town ;).
3.) Tomorrow is Easter! Something to think about. My sister-in-law posted this on Good Friday, and I really enjoyed it. A new way to think about Good Friday:
"On Good Friday, we should all keep this in
Mind about Jesus: It was not necessary for Him to undergo so much
torment. He could have avoided those trials, those humiliations, that
ill-usage, that iniquitous judgement, and the shame of the gallows, and
the nails and the lance... But He wanted to suffer all this for you and
for me. And we, are we not going to respond? Very likely there will be a
time, when alone in front of a crucifix, you find tears coming to your
eyes. Don 't try to hold them back... But try to ensure that those tears
give rise to a resolution. " -St. Jose Maria Escriva's Way of the Cross
No words necessary after this. So powerful, and something I take for granted every single day. Thank you, Jesus!
It is a rainy, gross Saturday here in Oxford. Hoping the rain holds off until tomorrow afternoon for Easter. Be back soon!
Anne Lowry turns #7
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment