 |
| Mesmerized by sprout. How big is my baby getting?? |
 |
| At our nephew McCay's christening |
 |
| Giving McCay a kiss (a.k.a.-head butt) |
 |
| One of my favorite pics. Dragging around that puppy dog. |
 |
| "I will give you one smile, Mama. ONE." |
 |
| "You think this is hard?" |
 |
| Whee!! "It is still fun, Mama, for the 4898293 time!" |
I actually got out my big camera and used it!
Jack has been keeping us extra busy. I was talking to a friend the other day (who has a child about Jack's age), and she made me feel so much better. This 18 month-ish age has been hard. We love Jack more and more every day, but this age (if they are not talking great-which Jack is not), can be frustrating. He understands every single thing I tell him but he cannot adequately express to me what he wants AND he has mastered the temper tantrum.... We are hoping that the tubes help his talking, and since he has had them, he has been talking a lot more, but it is hard on a speech therapist mom!! One thing I have learned- all kids do things on their OWN time. You simply cannot force them. Jack is very into climbing, running, going up stairs, etc. The child could care less about telling me what a cow says, (unless it is on his own time). So, it will come (I hope)! For now, (so I can remember) he says Dada, Mama, gi dow (get down), daw (dog), cow, duh (duck), go, and lie (light). The other day he even said some form of "cracker"- my father-in-law is my witness!
He is still such a sweet boy, and I know he will be a great big brother, although it will definitely be an adjustment to share Mama! Josh and I are learning more and more that we were spoiled with Jack. He has been so good. I literally throw him in the crib, and he goes to sleep. I never really rocked him as a baby (at least not going to sleep), so I don't know if it was that or that he is just a great baby. Whatever it is, it has made me scared to death of this second one in July. Two good babies in a row doesn't happen (so I have been told). And according to my mother, "payback is coming." I have no earthly clue what she means!! Well, the good news is that I can have wine again when the time comes :). And, I have great friends that have already told me, "You come drop Jack off whenever you need to." I hope they realize that I will take them up on this offer with no shame!
I think that is about all the novel I can muster up right now. Hoping to be back sooner than in a month this time!
Love these! I want to see some baby bump pics too!
ReplyDelete