"Spread the Gospel always and if necessary, use words." 
  -St. Francis

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Boston Recap


We had such a nice trip to Boston the other weekend.  I will tell the story through the pictures below:
We started out the trip at the Memphis airport with my bag passing the weight requirement! Big deal.  I may or may not have been at that same exact spot passing around my clothes to all of my sweet friend's bags... :) Josh just rolls his eyes.

We had all afternoon Thursday to walk around.  I shopped some on Newbury St. (could have stayed there the whole trip- unfortunately, my husband didn't feel the same).  Above is the State House on Beacon Hill.  Isn't it so unique and beautiful??

Friday morning at the JFK Library and Museum- IN HEAVEN!!
Josh in front of Paul Revere's house- no big deal.
Friday lunch.  This was a cool "touristy" spot; oldest restaurant in America.   Josh had some yummy clam chowder and I had lobster roll.  We are so New England.

Carmen- our favorite place we ate the whole trip.  One of our good family friend's recommended it and we loved it! It had such a 'local' feel, if you know what I mean.  The restaurant is so small, they don't even have a bar, hostess, nothing.  You literally have to wait outside until a table opens up.  Such a fun atmosphere, too.  Highly recommend it.



Finally found an innocent bystander to take our pic

After dinner treat- cannoli! YUM! Thanks to all who recommended this place.  It was quite the experience.

Favorite pic of the trip.  Such a vacation to not have a schedule! We were sooo grateful for some uninterrupted time together with NO schedule! We truly only did the things we wanted to do.

Josh watching Harvard rowing team on the bridge to Cambridge

"Havud"
We fit right in.  Not a soul asked us where we were from with a smurk on their face.  Not a soul.

Dinner the last night at Locke-Ober

  It was a successful trip! We were so grateful for a getaway.  I always have a hard time leaving little Jack man.  Someone once told me "the moment you give birth, you will feel guilty." So true.  I have mommy guilt big time.  Don't get me wrong- I leave my child PLENTY! But, still, hate to leave all the time.  Anyway, one of my sweet friends gave me some good advice I needed to hear.  But, sometimes you just have to getaway.  Life gets so busy and mundane- everyone needs a change of scenery every now and then.  So, I am hoping we can do this every year, even if it is just to Memphis for the night.  BUT, if it's to the British Virgin Islands, that'd be okay too....  Are you there, Josh?? 

Be back soon with Halloween pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment