"Spread the Gospel always and if necessary, use words." 
  -St. Francis

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Halloween


"Are you seriously going to make me wear this, Mama?"

Jack was not scared AT ALL of Josh's crazy get up.  Our 3 year old next door neighbor was another story.... Wouldn't come play at our house for DAYS! Bless her :(

Trying to bribe with candy for a picture- fail!

You can't see Josh's face behind that scary mask, but it would be just like mine- pure joy.  So thankful for our little buddy!

We had a great Halloween in our new neighborhood.  I loved all the action!! Last year, we literally had 3 trick-or-treaters and this year we ran out of candy!  And, I bought a lot.  However, when our doorbell was still ringing at 9:15, with teenage boys standing on our porch, I may have gotten a tad annoyed.  But, we loved all the precious kiddos!  One of our neighbors dressed up as Mike Myers from Halloween- spookkyyy! He had the music playing and everything.  Jack didn't even go to one door, but just rode in the wagon with his friend Latham.  They had a blast :).  

One more day of work, and then a little break for Thanksgiving! So needed.  We have so much to be thankful for this year.  I will be back soon with a gooby Thanksgiving post.   Speaking of, If you have not read the book, One Thousand Gifts; you need to.  It is one of those books that I should read every few months.  The book is from a mother  (of like 6 or 7 kids), who is stuck in the mundane, day to day life, and starts to compile a list of everything she is thankful for.  I am talking, the singing birds, clean babies after bath, sunsets... Anything and everything.  She pulls in scriptural references too.  It is just a great read, and a great reminder of how much we take for granted.  Things like, a hot shower in the morning,  This book really helped change my perpective on life, so in the Thanksgiving spirit, I thought I would recommend it :).  

HAPPY THANKSGIVING from the Whelans!

No comments:

Post a Comment