"Spread the Gospel always and if necessary, use words." 
  -St. Francis

Saturday, March 17, 2012

What's been going on

Life is busy! I know it is for everyone, too. Do you ever say, "Life is boring/slow?" Umm... no. Even when you think your life is busy, it gets busier. Say when you have a crawling 8 1/2 month old?? Yes, that makes it a little busier. I am sure when he walks it will be even busier. Sweet Betty Ann (Jack's sitter), tells me all the time, "He wants to walk." Mama is NOT ready!! Selfishly, I am too lazy, AND I am not ready for him not to be a baby anymore. I have already teared up thinking about his first birthday just around the corner.

It's funny. I remember reading blogs pre-Jack and thinking, "These mothers are goobs and need to get a life." I am sorry fellow mothers out there; I get it now. I had no idea.

Anyway, on to what has been going on lately....
Jack went to his first baseball game! This made me excited about all the Daddy/son bonding to come :).
The boy is big. I know, people. But everyone just loves to remind me! He is big and tall- but happy :). As long as he stays happy, I don't care at all. Plus, I have always loved chubby babies!!
Jack's new "pucker up" face.
Last, but not least; If I could describe my style in one picture, this would be it. I LOVE these pillows. Almost bought them yesterday, but I was reminded you don't want to start with pillows and be limited, etc. So, it was good inspiration. Hoping my house looks a lot like this! Elegant and peaceful.

Happy weekend friends! I am thankful for a weekend with no plans except for the Christening of our sweet goddaughter, Gracie in Memphis. We are looking forward to being a part of it all!

One more tip for tau (who is rolling their eyes at this)?? I have been reminded of this a lot lately, "Be thankful for whatever season of life you are in right now, because that is God's will for your life." Need that one on my bathroom mirror too!

Happy St. Patrick's Day! One of the biggest holidays of the year at the Whelan house. I am married to one of the goobiest Irishmen I know, (except for his Dad and brother) ;).

2 comments:

  1. I have that pillow fabric all over my house! My MIL and I are designing more drapes for my living room in that fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! Btw- I got the catalog and am trying to decide what I want :).

    ReplyDelete