Well, considering Jack will be FOUR months old in a week and a half.... I thought I'd better get on this three month stats update!
Life is so busy (probably why it has taken me this long to post), but life is very good! We have so much to be thankful for in this house. People scared me to death about having a child. Yes, it is hard work, but this little bundle of joy makes our lives so full!! Makes me want several more... just not yet!
Jack is getting more and more fun. He is smiling up a storm and "talking" to us, too :). I am still waiting on that laugh; I know it's coming! We are all a little happier now that we are getting so much sleep. I swear, it makes ALL the difference in the world. Josh went out of town a couple of weeks ago, and with some coaching from a friend, I finally attempted the "crying it out." First night= misery!! I am telling you, he cried from 2-6 on and off.... Horrible! I kept thinking, "You have to do it, Mary Kate, he is not hungry, he just wants you to go in there.... I think I can, I think I can. Second night= he did much better! Only cried twice for a little bit. Third night= slept 11 hours!!! Now, he has woken up a few times since but only for about 5-10 min and then he puts himself back to sleep. But, I think he is finally getting the hang of it and is sleeping from 8:30-6 or 6:30. So, here is proof (I am scared I am jinxing us) that the "crying it out" works.
Ok, now for the 3 month update: (by the way, the reason I am so psycho about doing these "stats" is because I have yet to get a baby book for the poor child! How terrible am I??? I haven't found one I love yet, so this is my way of documenting until I get one. Any ideas on where to get a decently priced baby book?)
3 month stats:
Eating: A LOT!! hahha. He is eating about 6-7 oz, every 3 hours during the day.
Sleeping: about 10:30 to 5:30 (at 3 months)
Other fun things: cooing, smiling, making all sorts of noises, following things with his eyes, grabbing toys, lifting head and chest during tummy time, rolling over to one side, what am I leaving out??
Here is my little punkin pie at the punkin patch! He was so thrilled to be there!
I will try to be back sooner than last time. We have lots of fun things coming up, including Jack's Christening, so stay tuned :).
No comments:
Post a Comment