Josh and I were thankful to have BOTH families with us this Easter, (minus a few). It was a very special Easter weekend as I was confirmed into the Catholic church! I have been doing RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults) since this fall, and Saturday night at the Easter Vigil my RCIA class was confirmed. I have learned so much this year about the Catholic faith and the history of the church. It is so interesting to go back to what this world was like when Jesus was literally on it. I had a lot of preconceived notions about the Catholic church (as many people do), but after years of going with Josh and going through RCIA, I have been enlightened that they are all "myths." It is actually all based on scripture. Hard to argue with that! Actually, my mom was saying yesterday she remembers me calling (when Josh and I just started dating), and crying, saying, "I really, really like him, but he is Catholic!" I cringe looking back on that!!! I was so ignorant and naive! We have come a long way since then, and now it seems like no other way for our family. St. John's here in Oxford is a special place, and we are thankful for a great church home with so many young people. Everyone just loves Father Joe; he has a great wit! Last night at the service, he said to all the families, "We are thankful for you supporting your child/spouse/etc., and we promise we are not full of voodoo; we only do that on the third Tuesday of the month." hahha. I guess you have to learn how to deal with all the criticism of the Catholic church somehow!
So, if you are still with me.... It was a great weekend, and I was so honored to have both of our families here supporting me! Baby Whelan (I mean, Mamie, because I am CONVINCED it's a girl) is so lucky to have grandparents that are so supportive. Here are some pics from our weekend. As you can tell, I am growing by the second!! 30 weeks and counting!
Friday night at Taylor Grocery
Mary you are still the funniest person I know! I love reading your blog! HA!! you look so freaking cute! Keep the posting coming! Love keeping up! -El
ReplyDeleteOMG... susie homemaker!!! Your house looked gorgeous!!!! and you look ADORABLE!!!!
ReplyDelete