Yesterday, it started snowing about 12:30, so I tried to leave work about 2:00 and go to Kroger. BIG MISTAKE. BIG. HUGE. (<---name that movie). Why do I always wait until the last minute to go to the grocery? Anyway, after I found a parking spot after 30 minutes, I was concentrating hard not to bust walking in. When you are pregnant, you could hurt more than your ego when you fall. And, if your name is Mary Kate, you tend to be a clutz anyway. Anyway, I got a few essentials; eggs, milk, US weekly, and chocolate. Then, I drove 5 mph all the way home because I was slipping on ice the whole time. Oxford is full of hills, too, which makes it that much scarier. I think I prayed the whole way home. I may have called Josh being a wee bit dramatic and upset, too... Who knows? I am going to milk the pregnancy excuse for all its worth on that one.
The good news is that I don't have to go to work today. My sweet co-worker is going to see my patients for me, and my boss said he really didn't think I should get out without Josh being here to help me. They are the best! The other good news is that my husband is coming home today!!!!!! He has been gone since Sunday, and I miss him. Say a prayer that he makes it home in all this ice/snow.
Our doctor's appt. is cancelled today because their office is closed. I'm a little sad, because I was looking forward to seeing our little "mango," (as "What to Expect When Your Expecting," calls the baby at 19 weeks). But, I am sure they will reschedule soon, and then Baby Whelan will be back for a full report!
Pretty Woman! What do I win?
ReplyDeleteA free place to stay whenever you come to Oxford this Spring :).
ReplyDelete