Most of the Sims crew got to escape to the beach last week. It was WONDERFUL!! We were missing a key part though- the baby sister! We really did miss her a lot, and hope that next year we can ALL go. :) We stayed in Santa Rosa, FL. and it was very secluded and private- which we loved. I did not see one trace of oil, but the seaweed was bad. I am not complaining though; the water was still beautiful! Mainly we just cooked in the condo and relaxed. You know you are getting older when reading all day and going to bed before 10:30 is fun.
When Josh and I started dating, he "hated" the beach, and said he would never vacation there. Funny how things change! I told him that bachelor parties don't count as relaxing beach vacations. I think he almost loves the beach as much as me now- Thank goodness!
We got back to Oxford and had such a fun weekend with friends. Aimee and Ronnie Wade came to stay for a wedding, and it just made us wish so much that they lived closer!!!! Maybe one day... Also, we went to dinner Sat. night with some couples here and had a great time. We are so thankful to be finding great, new friends in Oxford.
Ok, here are some pics from the beach:
It is hard to believe we have been married 4 months!
Mom stole my moo moo and hat the whole trip to "cover herself."

This is what the boys did a lot of the trip: Bocce Ball. We had a little Sims vs. Sims vs. Whelans... It's not important who won :)

Dinner on the beach one night
love this!! the pics are so cute!! ps you are too sweet.... i missed yall so much!
ReplyDelete