"Spread the Gospel always and if necessary, use words." 
  -St. Francis

Sunday, July 25, 2010

The promised land

This past weekend, Josh and I took a little road trip! We had a wedding in Nashville on Sat., so we decided to make a trip out of it.  Claire is at Desoto for the summer being a camp counselor (the promised land), so I finally had an excuse to show Josh my home away from home. :) He was shocked that I had carried on and loved so much a place that was so "rustic."  It is just something that cannot be explained- two of the best summers of my life! Anyway, enough about that, as I am SURE some of you are starting to feel sick reading this....
Also, we got to stay in Chattanooga with one of my college roommates and favorite friends- Sally, her husband Stephen, and their TWO kids Will and Maggie.  They were of course, adorable, and it was so great to catch up with Sally and Stephen! It has been way too long, and I am hoping they will come stay during football season.
Then, on Sat. we continued our trip to Nashville for Paul and Leigh's wedding.  It was absolutely beautiful!!  Nashville is such a pretty place, and I was glad we were able to make it for their wedding.  Congrats to Mr. and Mrs. Paul Dill!

The little sister and me at dinner- I think that is the Tennessee River behind us? 
Us with Sal and Stephen- I'm the albino one in the middle; Thank you working world!

Surprise! We expanded to a family of four overnight! Haha, Sally and Stephen wouldn't get in a picture with us after breakfast, and we couldn't leave without documenting this.  How cute are their kids?? Maggie had a cute outfit on, but that's another story.

I could have eaten her up!! Such a sweet baby, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment