I feel so conceited talking about just what all is going on in our lives; and really just the good. We definitely do not have "perfect" lives and we do plenty of wrong, (usually Josh more than me, but that’s not impt). Just kidding! But, I figure the people who read this blog (all 4 of you!), might care about these seemingly insignificant details.
With that being said; I started my new job yesterday at the VA. I am covering maternity leave for the SLP there. The rehab company I am employed with has told me they very well could hire me full time at the end- but they don’t know at this minute. I told Josh, if they don’t hire me full time after, then I hope I hate it. I just hope I don’t get in there and love it, and then they don’t need me. But, I have learned through this whole job hunt process that it is just not in my control. There is only so much you can do, and I believe that I will end up where I need to be.
Right now, I cannot be a Speech-Language Pathologist until my license comes in. So, I am working as a tech, doing paperwork, learning their system, etc. Let's just say I will be THRILLED when my license comes in! The waiting game- part II..... I have decided that our profession is slammed with paperwork in every aspect. It is getting old! I think it creates more (unnecessary) work for everyone. Can you tell I am a little frustrated with our system?? Hopefully, I can start as an SLP soon, though.
On to the positive: I love the VA! Of course, I haven’t been there long, but have a good feeling. It is a skilled nursing facility, so it is very nice. Also, most of the rehab people are very friendly and welcoming. The old men there are HILARIOUS!!! I can tell I am going to love my patients. They will say anything- and that is in one day, people. I said I was going to write a book when I was at the hospital in Tupelo about all the funny things my patients said. Well, I may just do that for the VA, too. Don’t worry HIPAA- I won’t use names. Anyway, I am excited to start actually working with the patients soon.
That’s about all from the Whelan house! Josh is enthralled with the World Cup 24 hours a day. I think I might scream if I hear the buzzing noise anymore!
Hope all is well with everyone- if you made it this far!! Have a great weekend J
No comments:
Post a Comment