Almost a month later, I figured I would announce the birth of our daughter on here, for all the grandparents who read this thing!
Mamie joined our family on July 16th at 3:22 p.m. She weighed 7 lb. 7 oz. and was 21 inches long. I still can't believe we had a girl! Even though, I really feel like I knew it was a girl :). We feel so blessed to have one of each!! And, of course 2 healthy babies.... I am so very thankful. At night, when I am feeding Mamie at 1:30, 4:30, whenever it may be, I try to put things in perspective and thank God for my sweet blessings. I do not feel worthy!
Now onto life with two... It is no joke! Some days I feel like I finally have it under control. And then other days, Josh comes home to me in tears. I have two precious children who need me all day long. I love it, but it's hard! I read a great article the other day about how hard motherhood is. The mother who wrote the article was saying how much she enjoyed motherhood because it made her grow closer to God and rely on Him all day long. I love that, because I have felt that same way. It is so comforting that we don't have to do this on our own! And, I have to brag on my husband. I give him a hard time, but he has really picked up the slack around here, while dealing with a tired, overwhelmed, and hormonal wife! I don't know how single mothers do it; I wouldn't survive! Sorry for the mushy-gushy. I want to remember this time, and hopefully look back and say the sleep deprivation didn't last long- fingers crossed! Be back soon with Mamie's one month pictures. I can't believe it- we made it a month!!
No comments:
Post a Comment