"Spread the Gospel always and if necessary, use words." 
  -St. Francis

Monday, October 4, 2010

Still Here

I just haven't had anything fun to report lately!!  We have been staying EXTREMELY busy, though.  I have no idea what we do all the time but somehow the weeks are just flying by! How is it October already???  And how have we been married almost 6 months?!?!? Crazy! It has been so fun though! I really hope the first year is the hardest, because that would mean the rest of married life is going to be a breeze.  Pretty sure this is not the case, but so far we have had a blast. I think me not being in grad school has a lot to do with this.  I tell Josh that those were the "grumpiest" 2 years of my life.  Before I get off track and start rambling; I will leave you with a recipe.

Spice Cake 
2 cups of self-rising flour
2 cups of sugar
3/4 cup of wesson oil
2 jars of plum/apple baby food (I have not been able to find plum, so I used the apple) Tip: If you go to the grocery with your husband he may have a heart attack when he spies baby food in the cart..... Funny for me, though!
1 tsp. ground cloves
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
3 eggs

Mix with wooden spoon and pour into greased bundt pan. Bake @ 375 degrees for 35-45 min.  After cake has cooled top with powdered sugar.  It takes all of 5 min. to prepare and is really yummy! I usually make before we have guests here at Hotel Whelan.  We enjoy for breakfast, too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment